These low carb, high protein, gluten free muffins are a twist on Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bites, but even tastier and easier! And good enough to serve for company.
Only 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for 2 muffins!
I recently discovered Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute which is fantastic for jazzing up any veggies. It takes these muffins to a whole new level of yumminess!
My favorite Parmesan is Trader Joe’s Freshly Grated Parmesan, which gives them a great texture and fresh, cheesy taste.
Click here for my Trader Joe’s Shopping List (with Weight Watchers Power Foods and PointsPlus) >>
Click here for my Costco Shopping List (with Weight Watchers Power Foods and PointsPlus) >>
- 2 x 12 oz bags cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan (freshly grated, not from a can please!)
- 3 - 4 teaspoons Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (or Italian Seasoning)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper (about 12 grinds)
- cooking spray
- Set the shelf in the middle and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray three non-stick 12-cup mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Working with one bag of cauliflower at a time: break any large pieces into smaller florets and pulse in food processor until it reaches a rice-like texture.
- Place all the cauliflower in a large microwave safe bowl (uncovered) and microwave for 8 minutes, stirring halfway. (Do NOT add water or cover!!)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork. Add cottage cheese, parmesan, and seasoning, and mix with fork to combine.
- Add to hot cauliflower; mix well. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, and seasoning if needed.
- Fill muffin cups to the top (a medium cookie scoop works well). Press down a little with your finger to even out.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until tops are golden brown. (Check one carefully to make sure bottoms are cooked enough.) Place directly on oven rack or the bottoms will be soggy. Place a baking sheet on the shelf below to catch any drippings.
- Place pans on a cooling rack to cool completely before removing with a small, silicon offset spatula.
- Best served warm. Can be refrigerated overnight and reheated in a low oven.
- Freeze well.
- Put a little water in the empty muffin cups so the cooking spray doesn't burn.